Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fool on the Hill...

A good friend loaned me a copy of the book Fool on the Hill by Matt Ruff. It's definitely a fun read and worth checking out.
I started this piece after reading just the first few pages, but I'm thinking I might have to do a few more based on the book. The author's imagery is just too much fun!
The images below are just variations on the one piece. The first includes a villain rat character in the foreground, though I excluded him in the second version and on my portfolio site. I removed all the characters from the third version to highlight the foliage and lighting. I was trying to take a page from the books of artists Robin Joseph and Jon Klassen.
The final image is a really quick pass on the design of the sprite characters.
All righty then...




No comments: